This App will help answer some questions you have and put you in contact with the right people.
SO YOUNG…. SO FIT…. SO ACTIVE ….
CRY and the drive to beat Sudden Death Syndrome
Sudden Cardiac Death (SCD) is death from definite or possible cardiac causes that is either instantaneous or within 1 hour of the beginning of symptoms.
CRY in Ireland was founded in March 2002 by parents who had experienced the effects of sudden and unexplained death within their families. Cry is a self-supporting registered charity, based in Tallaght Hospital, Tallaght, Dublin 24. Cry receives NO Government funding of any kind and is therefore dependent on financial help & donations to :-
· Raise awareness of cardiac risk in the young through media campaigns and public information meetings
· Support a National Screening Centre where families and individuals at risk can be evaluated
· Provide counseling and support to families affected
The Centre is run by a Cardiologist and provides:
· Cardiac Screening and evaluation for families who have lost a young person
· Cardiac Screening for a young person who may be experiencing symptoms
· Referral for further treatments if needed
· Referral for Genetic Testing
· CRY has part funded a special Cardiac Genetics Counsellor post and a Genetics Clinic now runs at the CRYP Centre.
The services provided by Cry and the Screening at the Centre are FREE TO PATIENT so funding is vital.