This Mobile app called MILAAN is dedicated to all the people of our country who have gone missing and are never found.
!! A bitter truth is that on an average 20 people go missing in India every hour. A child goes missing in every 8 minutes. !!
This app is a tribute to Aruna Shanbaug, Bhanwari Devi, Nirbhaya (pseudo-name of Delhi victim) and so many other brave hearts who have suffered in a country where a woman is raped in every 20 minutes.
Every year, millions of Children and Women go missing. The Milaan App can help.
This free app acts as an encyclopedia of information during the circumstances when someone goes missing. It provides a convenient place to electronically store photos and vital information about your loved one (especially children) so that it’s literally right at hand if you need it. You can show the pictures and provide physical identifiers such as height and weight to security or police officers on the spot. Using a special tab on the app, you can also quickly and easily e-mail the information to authorities with a few clicks.
The app includes tips on keeping proper safety as well as specific guidance on what to do in those first few crucial hours after your loved one goes missing. Links to additional resources for families and victims are provided as well.
Please be assured that no information on your child will be collected or stored by us. All the information is stored locally on your phone's memory. There is an option to password secured the data.
Organize Your loved one’s Information (especially child)
- Create as many profiles as you need.
- Use your phone camera and photo library to take and upload photos of each individual.
- Add and update key identifying information.
Know What To Do
- Get safety tips.
- Learn what to do in first few critical hours after your loved one goes missing.
- Visit additional links with resources for families and victims.
Get Information to Authorities in an Emergency
- Quickly call 100 or 112.
- E-mail your child’s pictures and information to authorities.
- Show identifying information to security or law enforcement officers on the spot.
To add information to the app
1. Open the app and click the plus sign in the upper right corner of the app homepage.
2. To add a picture (optional), click the "New Photo" button. This will open a pop-up
message with the option to click from camera for a new picture or browse from gallery.
When choosing to browse from gallery, this will take you to your phones photo album.
When choosing to take a new picture, this will take you to your phone's camera. Take a
picture of your loved one, and click "Use" to save. You can also click "Retake" to take
3. To add additional information about your loved one, scroll down the page and use your
phone's keypad. Press Save in the upper right corner of the app to store the information.
Hit Cancel to start over and return to the app homepage.
4. You can add as many records as you want in the app. Each loved one's name and
picture (or generic silhouette) will appear on the left of the app homepage. If you add
several records, you will need to scroll down the screen to see the additional entries.
5. To edit information about your loved one, click your loved one's photo (or generic
silhouette) on the app homepage, edit the information, and hit Save.
6. To remove a loved one from the app, click the Delete button at the bottom of the edit
information page. Hit Done to return to the normal view.
To send your loved one's information to concerned authorities:
Click the Send button and choose suitable option.