Sepsis Clinical Guide|不限時間玩醫療App
Newly updated with the 2012 Surviving Sepsis Campaign guidelines! Note that the Sepsis app works only on devices running Android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) or newer.
The Sepsis app by ESCAVO contains clinical information and tools used in the diagnosis and management of sepsis and septic shock. Sepsis is a serious systemic infection that affects over 750,000 patients and kills over 200,000 people every year in the US, at an annual cost estimated to exceed 16 billion dollars. This app is intended for use by physicians and other healthcare professionals who manage critically ill patients.
In sepsis, time is of the essence. Successful treatment hinges on prompt recognition of symptoms, antibiotic administration, and hemodynamic stabilization. Lack of appropriate sepsis management knowledge at the bedside can lead to delayed symptom recognition, serious complications, medical errors, increased treatment costs, and avoidable morbidity and mortality. For this reason, we created this app to provide busy healthcare workers with essential management information based on the latest practice guidelines in a format that is easily accessible at the point of care.
The Sepsis app has been developed on the ESCAVO mobile publishing platform, a platform created specifically for mobile publishing of scientific and medical content. The ESCAVO platform has an intuitive user interface designed for efficient navigation and optimized for mobile devices. The platform features unobtrusive pop-ups that contain secondary details on primary topics, drug administration information, and full references. An indexed search function lets users rapidly locate needed content, and a bookmarking function allows users to save sections of special interest for fast access on subsequent use. Clinical calculators are also supported.
Content updates will be performed periodically and automatically when network access is available, and are free of charge.
Clinical topics covered in the Sepsis app include the following:
- Epidemiology, risk factors and pathophysiology of the systemic inflammatory response (SIRS), sepsis and septic shock
- Definitions and diagnostic criteria of SIRS and sepsis, common differentials and etiology, guidelines on obtaining a focused H&P, and appropriate workups
- Extensive coverage of common causes for sepsis including hospital-acquired pneumonia (HAP), ventilator-acquired pneumonia (VAP) and intra-abdominal infections
- Early goal-directed therapy, the STOP sepsis bundle, hemodynamic management, adjunctive therapies, the mechanical ventilation of sepsis-induced ARDS, and other essential management guidelines from the Surviving Sepsis Campaign (SSC 2012) and the American Thoracic Society (ATS)
- Antibiotic therapy including specific guidelines for the treatment of HAP from ATS and the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA)
- Information on the diagnosis and management of pediatric and neonatal sepsis including the management of pediatric fever, important differences from management of sepsis in adults, management of sepsis-induced persistent pulmonary hypertension of the newborn (PPHN), empiric antibiotic treatment recommendations for GBS infections, interventions in pediatric septic shock, and other pediatric-specific information
- Important calculators including APACHE II, Multiple Organ Dysfunction Score (MODS), the Simplified Acute Physiology Score (SAPS) II, the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) score, the Clinical Pulmonary Infection (CPI) score, the Inferior Vena Cava Collapsibility Index, and others
- Drug administration information for the management of sepsis and septic shock including antibacterial and antifungal antibiotics, adrenergic and other vasoactive agents, corticosteroids and diuretics
- Sepsis Clinical Guide is recommended by top U.S.-licensed doctors on HealthTap
- The Russian Sepsis Forum (sepsisforum.ru)
- The ED Trauma Critical Care Blog (edtcc.com)
Sepsis Clinical Guide 線上APP手遊玩免費
不限時間玩Sepsis Clinical Guide App免費