Whether you're a beginner learning how to squat, or a hardened lifter looking to polish your technique, Squat! is the app for you!
Squat! is a real-time squat tracking and analysis application.
- Squat! checks your form while you squat, providing verbal tips on how to improve your squats after every rep.
- Squat! will beep as soon as you go below parallel, so you know instantly when you've squatted low enough.
- Squat! counts and scores your reps, giving you a breakdown after every set.
This version has no ads. Try before you buy with the ad-supported version!
- Place the phone somewhere still, where it has a clear and undisturbed view of your squatting area.
- Press the start button and walk into view, ensuring the camera can see your whole body.
- Stand still - the app will detect you automatically and beep.
- When you're done, walk out of view. Tracking will automatically stop and display your rep scores.
Squat scores your squats based on the following factors:
- Did you go below parallel?
- Did you lock out?
- Did the bar stay vertically above your feet?
- Did your hips extend at a faster or the same rate as your knees?
- And more!
Challenge yourself to improve your squats! Squat! can check your squat technique with or without a barbell on your back, meaning you can use it to improve your form at the gym or at home.
Ensure that you use Squat! in a well-illuminated area with minimal changes in lighting.
The application does not currently track squats inside a squat rack, make sure you squat with no obstructions between you and your phone. In the future we hope to support squatting in a rack.
Note that Squat! makes use of OpenCV, and you will be prompted to install OpenCVManager upon the first launch.
The user makes use of this application at their own risk - by downloading this application the user agrees to accept all responsibility for any damage, loss or injury sustained during the use of the application.